Due to increased demand, please allow 3-5 business days for processing your order.
You say "garbanzos," I say "chickpeas"... it's a "to-may-to/to-mah-to" kind of thing.
Our blonde garbs, as we like to call them, put their canned brethren to shame. Yes, it's quick and easy to just open a can, but once you've cooked with dried beans, you'll never go back.
What about that "aqua faba" that's in the can, you ask? No problem! Cooking your own beans gives you a nice fresh liquid that can be used in exactly the same way.
Our latest nutrition testing provided these results: high fiber, extremely low sodium and low natural sugar, and a real protein punch (38% Percentage Daily Value), with healthy amounts of Iron (34% PDV), Magnesium 28% (PDV), and Vitamin B-6 (25% PDV).
A versatile nutrient-dense choice for plant-forward meals.
Cooking this little beauties? Here are our suggestions, in order of cooking time, from shortest to longest:
- InstaPot/pressure cooker: soak overnight (about 10 hours) and cook for about 12 minutes at full pressure
- InstaPot/pressure cooker: cook without soaking for about 1 hour
- Stovetop: Soak overnight (about 10 hours) and simmer for 2 hours
- Stovetop: Short soak (boil for 5 minutes then let sit for 1 hour) and simmer for 3 hours
- Slow Cooker: 4 hours on high heat or 8 hours on low heat
Worth every minute!
Available in 10-pound and 25-pound bags.
Please Note: Produced in a facility that also processes wheat.